DECEMBER 1, 2019
About Data Collected
We collect information when you use or interact with our Services. The data we collect and use includes:
- Device IDs associated with a User’s mobile device. This includes mobile advertising identifiers such as Apple’s IDFA and Android’s Advertising ID.
- Information about websites, applications, and other content that you interact with, which may be tied to a unique identifier, and can include the date and time of your visit to a website, and the referring URL or mobile application name.
- Web pages and advertisements you view.
- IP address, operating system, time stamps, referring and exit page and clickstream data.
- Unique identifiers that we, or a partner of Syndicaster has associated with a User’s browser, through browser cookies, web beacons, or similar locally stored objects or code that can identify the physical location of mobile devices and operating system device identifiers.
- Information about your interaction with content, such as the type of website, video, advertisement or other content viewed.
- Information or inferences about a user’s interests.
(collectively, “Services Data”)
Services Data does not include information that by itself, individually identifies an individual, such as your e-mail address, phone number, or name.
We also collect and use Other Information that you provide us such as:
- Payment Information. When you pay to use our products and services, we collect the personal information needed to complete the transaction. This information includes your name, billing address, card number, and other necessary information, all of which is clearly labeled when you submit payment. We use an unaffiliated, payment processing company to process your payment. We transfer your payment information—and you authorize us to do so—to this company solely for this purpose. The company does not retain, share, store, or use personally identifiable information for any other purposes.
- Registration Information. We collect personal information when you create an account with us to access our Services. Such information may include your name, email address, telephone number, and additional information.
- Communications Data. Anything you send us, post, or use with our products and services, such as emails or voice recordings, or if other users or third parties send us anything about your activities or postings, we will collect such information into a file specific to you. We use information in the file that we maintain for you, and other information that we obtain from your use of the products and services, to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, and enforce agreements.
- Social Networking Data. You can also engage with us on or through third-party social networking sites, such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and other third-party social media plug-ins and applications (“Social Media”). When you engage with us on or through Social Media you may allow us to have access to certain information from your social media profile (e.g., name, e-mail address, photo(s), gender, birthday, location, your list of friends, people you follow and/or who follow you, the posts or the “likes” you make) to deliver the content or as part of the operation of the application or plug-in.
(collectively, “Other Information”)
Services Data and Other Information is collectively referred to herein as “Data.”
How We Collect Data
We collect the Data directly from you when you submit to us your information to set up an account, register for a service, interact with Social Media, to enquire about a Service; to send us communications; or for any other reason you may have to contact us.
How do we Use your Data
We use your Data to provide you with the Services you requested, to communicate with you, and to send you marketing messages.
The Services Data collected may be used to: evaluate and modify existing services and features; compile demographic and geographic information regarding users; identify a target audience to serve an advertisement and obtain the best advertisement response rate; provide interest-based advertising; aggregate statistics related to the Services Data; develop new services and features that may be of interest to you; prepare advertising segments that may be used to target based on demographics, geography and/or relation to the content on the viewing page; control the amount of times a user may see an advertisement; sequentially organize ads for purposes of viewing; and analyze the response of users to the advertisements. Further, Services Data collected from a browser, website, computer, device, or other application may be used on another browser, website, computer, device, or other application linked to the browser, computer, website, or device on which such data was initially collected, or transferred to a third party for such purposes.
Additionally, we may associate user’s devices accurately target and serve ads across devices. We may use the Service Data to create, or collect from Syndicaster partners, data segments associated with UIDs, cookies, or device advertising IDs. Data Segments may be based on inferred interests or geo-graphic locations, such as those collected by mobile applications.
How Do We Disclose Your Data?
We may share Data with our affiliates, service providers, clients, related companies, and advertisers. We may also disclose your Data in response to a court order or subpoena, in response to a law enforcement agency request; when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or to anyone that could be harmed by such activities; in situations involving threats to the physical safety of any person; where it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activity or suspected fraud; or as otherwise required by law. We may transfer Data to another company, if we are acquired by, sold to or merged with such company.
We continue to expand our online presence in order to offer users rich and deep interactive experiences. We may share information we collect about you so that we can provide you with information about products and services that might interest you.
We may share aggregated or anonymized Data, with third parties. Much of the information we collect is in the form of aggregated statistics, such as the traffic generated by visits on websites/applications and the habits and preferences of our audience. Such aggregated data does not include any information that would identify you personally. We may use such aggregated data and disclose it to third parties as we see fit.
How Do We Work with Third Parties?
Further, these third parties may offer you a way to choose not to have your information used for interest-based advertising purposes. To manage your preference for interest-based advertising provided by third parties, please see Section 10, “What Are Your Choices?” for more information.
Protecting the Data We Collect
What Are Your Choices?
Syndicaster adheres to the DAA Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. Through the use of technologies such as cookies, Syndicaster may collect information such as your browser type, your operating system, web pages visited, time of visits, content viewed, ads viewed, and other click stream data. Syndicaster may use such collected information to serve you ads that are tailored and relevant to you. Such practice is known as behavioral advertising or interest-based advertising. You may learn more about interest-based advertising at http://www.aboutads.info.
If you desire to not receive interest-based advertisements displayed by Syndicaster on your browser, you may opt out by doing any of the following:
Cookies. You may set your browser to block all or certain cookies or require your consent before accepting a cookie. Blocking our cookies will affect your online experience and may prevent you from experiencing certain features of our Properties.
Mobile Device. On your mobile device, you may use the: Limit Ad Tracking setting on your IOS device; or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” setting on your Android device.
To manage your preferences:
- for third parties providing interest-based advertising, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt-Out Page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ and the Digital Advertising Alliance Consumer Choice Page at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/;
- to limit the collection of cross-app data for interest-based ads from participating companies, for more information, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance page at: http://youradchoices.com/appchoices; and
- to limit the collection of location data, go to “settings” on your mobile device.
We respect your privacy and your ability to choose what communications you receive from us. Please note that if you choose to opt out of interest-based advertising, you may still see advertisements. However, such advertisements will not be based on your online behavior.
Tips Re: Opt Out
- If your browser blocks third-party cookies, opting out may not be effective.
- You must opt out on each browser/device for opt out to be effective for a specific browser/device.
- When you opt out, a cookie is placed on your browser or device. Each time you delete cookies, you will have to opt out again.
Do Not Track
We support the Do Not Track browser setting. When you have Do Not Track enabled in your browser, we will not collect browser-related information about you. For more information regarding Do Not Track, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us. We encourage users who are interested in limiting the information we collect, to search online for tools and services (e.g., NAI’s consumer opt-out gateway or the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on) to prevent or opt out of collection.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect or store information about children under the age of 13. In those instances in which we have actual knowledge that: we are collecting geo-location information from children or any personal information; or are applying a persistent identifier that can be used to recognize a child under the age of 13; and the foregoing is accomplished on a website or application used to offer a service directed toward children, we will comply with applicable laws.
Ownership and Contact Information
Your California Privacy Rights
California law allows California residents, once a year and free of charge, to request information about certain types of Personal Information (if any) that a business has disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year. However, under the law, we are not required to provide this information as long as we: (1) notify you that you have the right to prevent disclosure of Personal Information, and (2) provide you with a cost-free means to exercise that right. If you are a California resident and you would like to prevent disclosure of your Personal Information for use in direct marketing by a third party, do not opt in to participate in these activities. If you are a California resident, and you have opted in to one of these activities, but you later decide that you would like to discontinue our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please notify Syndicaster to discontinue such disclosure, by e-mail to email@example.com or at the following address:
Data Protection Desk
450 Lexington Ave 3280
New York, NY 10163